Policies & Procedures
- Patrons should sign-in to gain access to the Special Collections Reading Room.
- The use of pens, markers, scissors and tape are prohibited.
- Requests for photocopy service are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All materials are in closed stacks and must be requested at the front desk.
- Requests for materials will be taken until 30 minutes before closing.
- Requests for photocopies will be taken until 20 minutes before closing.
- Materials will be picked up 15 minutes before closing.
Research computers with internet and Library catalog access are provided for patron use. Electrical outlets are available to patrons with laptop computers. Photocopying service is available; however, some material may not be suitable for photocopying due to size, fragility, donor agreement terms or other reasons. The Special Collections Reading Room is open to the public, as well as being a resource for TAMIU faculty, students and staff. Assistance is available at the Reading Room Information Desk.
All material donations are subject to review by the Special Collections Librarian. If you would like to make a financial donation or would like to donate unique materials for placement and/or exhibit in the archive, please contact the Special Collections Librarian.
Special Collections Reading Room Desk 956 326-2109
Special Collections & Archives Librarian 956 326-2404
Special Collections Librarian via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified: 1/16/2009 2:20:29 PM