ONLINE SOURCES FOR FINDING BOOKS
TAMIU WorldCat Local
lists all of the printed and electronic books that exist in almost any library anywhere and is NOT limited to books that are available directly through Killam Library. If it isn't there, you may be able to get it through InterLibrary Loan
Global Books in Print
- Lists books currently in print, most of which are available for purchase.
EBSCO eBook Collection
- Lists electronic books owned by Killam Library in full text. Click on the full text to read the book online or download it (you need to create an account to download). All ebooks listed in this database are also listed in the TAMIU WorldCat Local
- Lists electronic books owned by Killam Library in full text. Click on the title to read the book online. You can create an account to download ebooks. All ebooks listed in this database are also listed in the TAMIU WorldCat Local
EBSCO Audiobook Collection
- Lists downloadable audiobooks owned by Killam Library. You must create an account to download audiobooks so that you can listen to them.
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses
- Electronic copies of doctoral dissertations and masters theses in the humanities and social sciences. You can click on Full Text PDF to open and read a thesis or dissertation. They can be over 500 pages, and sometimes they take a long time to load.
Early English Books Online (EEBO)
- Electronic reproductions, both text and image, of books printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and British North America between 1473 and 1700. Clickable icons indicate html text, image reproductions, and illustrations.
IEEE Xplore (engineering), ERIC (education),
and several other subject databases
include links to electronic books among journal articles and other kinds of sources. Publisher databases such as Credo Reference Unlimited
, Taylor & Francis Online
, and Wiley Online Library
also have links to electronic books among the journal articles and book chapters.
More information on finding printed books in Killam Library is available on this page
More information on finding electronic books is available on this page
Last Modified: 9/30/2015 12:17:42 PM
Information about special collections of books in Killam Library is available on this page