Killam Library Catalog
- Lists all of the printed books and most of the electronic books held by Killam Library. Some electronic books, such as those in the Early English Books Online collection, are not listed in the Killam Library Catalog.
- Lists printed and electronic books that exist in almost any library anywhere, NOT limited to books that are available directly through Killam Library. If you want access to a book you find in WorldCat, check the Killam Library Catalog
. If it isn't there, you may be able to get it through InterLibrary Loan
- Combines the Killam Library Catalog, WorldCat, and many other databases to provide access to printed books, electronic books, journal articles, and other kinds of sources. Some of these sources will be available in Killam Library and some will not. It is possible to limit your searches by kind of source (book, article, video, etc.). After the top five results, most searches will put Killam Library materials ahead of other materials on your results list.
Global Books in Print
- Lists books currently in print, most of which are available for purchase.
EBSCO eBook Collection
- Lists electronic books owned by Killam Library in full text. Click on the full text to read the book online or download it (you need to create an account to download). All ebooks listed in this database are also listed in the Killam Library Catalog
- Lists electronic books owned by Killam Library in full text. Click on the title to read the book online. You can create an account to download ebooks. All ebooks listed in this database are also listed in the Killam Library Catalog
EBSCO Audiobook Collection
- Lists downloadable audiobooks owned by Killam Library. You must create an account to download audiobooks so that you can listen to them.
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses
- Electronic copies of doctoral dissertations and masters theses in the humanities and social sciences. You can click on Full Text PDF to open and read a thesis or dissertation. They can be over 500 pages, and sometimes they take a long time to load.
Early English Books Online (EEBO)
- Electronic reproductions, both text and image, of books printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and British North America between 1473 and 1700. Clickable icons indicate html text, image reproductions, and illustrations.
IEEE Xplore (engineering), ERIC (education),
and several other subject databases
include links to electronic books among journal articles and other kinds of sources. Publisher databases such as Credo Reference Unlimited
, Taylor & Francis Online
, and Wiley Online Library
also have links to electronic books among the journal articles and book chapters.